Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life Lately in Links

Random life update with fun links, enjoy. 

Thanks to a beautifully awesome sister who lives in amazing vacation spots, I visited California for the first time, ever. We walked on cliffs, waded in the Pacific, tie-dyed shirts, hiked in a desert, hunted big-horned sheep, saw a dinosaur, ate apple pie, carne asado, cowgirl cookies (I could go on, let’s just say we ate a lot), saw seals, had a bonfire on the beach and roasted marshmallows, and dashed with warriors. I also experienced by first in-and-out burger and chocolate milkshake. Apparently there are a bajillion “secret” things I could have ordered.

A favorite, and perhaps most missed, Jersey tradition is pancakes with sweet sisters from Grace Tab. They gather edify one another by bashing each other’s taste in pancake stuffing or topping. Oh, and sometimes pray and say encouraging things to each other too. My heart is full of gratitude for these ladies – their kindness to me, their love for Jesus, and their service to build up the Church. (Even though Carrie likes her pancakes naked and can’t flip them). One day, we will be as cool as this guy:  (on page two there’s a toilet one… hehehe)

Baseball season has started. Someone please explain to me why it is necessary for one team to play another team five thousand times in a row. In what other sport do you play the same team over and over and over again?? I mean, if you didn’t win the first 15 games, I think you should just stop. But I enjoyed watching this.

I have a lot of pride in the fact that I have a dumb phone. It makes phone calls, like a phone should. And that is it. It also texts on occasion. But seriously, that is all. I have no idea what this phone does, but because of this commercial I very much want one: 

Bought tickets to Mumford and Sons in June with some lovely y'allternative ladies! 

2 comments:

  1. we miss you at pancakes too claire bear!! carrie was just telling us how she got to visit you, and i was getting jealous. hopefully next time we are in md we can visit you at cap bap!

    oh, and p.s., where did this blog come from? i'm oblivious. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be awesome to see yall! Please let me know when you are travelling through.
    P.S. I loooove that you know the CHBC lingo!! Perhaps I shall teach you the handshake, affectionately referred to as "the Cap Bap Hand Slap."
    :)

    ReplyDelete